African Union seeking for the ICT innovative project to enhance education delivery in Africa. There is a high need to innovate education development, provision, and delivery, taking advantage of the digital revolution. As the Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA) states, ICT is a major tool for ensuring universal access, quality of provision and delivery, and empowerment of school graduates for meaningful personal lives, and contribution to social economic development. ICT opens up possibilities for innovation, entrepreneurship, and employability; flexibility in pedagogies; beating the limitation of time and space for varied learner needs, and simply enhancing confidence and dignity of graduates at all levels.
Types of projects to be submissions
- Practical Innovations:
Provide a summary description of the innovation, stating the problem it addresses, the unique outcomes that have been achieved, and the possibility of enlarging the scale of operation. Explain briefly how the innovation can be up-scaled, replicated and sustained. Use a maximum of 500 words. The Innovation must not have been submitted for the African Union’s Innovating Education in Africa Expo before.
- Academic Papers
Papers should present original quality research with the potential for practical application. Submit a succinct Abstract of no more than 150 words; and a paper with a maximum of 1,000 words including references.
- Innovation should be in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Education;
- You should not have been previously awarded the AU Education Innovation Prize;
- The individual submitting on his/her own behalf or on behalf of an organization must be a citizen of an AU Member State; The submission must be made by the original author or developer of the innovation or staff of the organization that developed the innovation;
- The innovation must have demonstrated impact, with potential for wide dissemination in Africa;
- The individual or organization submitting must consent to have their innovation publicized across the continent for purposes of replication;
- Each individual or organization must submit only one innovation.
Benefits for successful applicants
- Presentation of their innovations at the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2019.
- Funding support to participate in the event.
- A chance to receive the AU Education Innovation Prize.
- Publication of the innovations in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2019.
- Membership of the Africa Education Innovators Network (AEIN)
- Certificate of recognition for Innovation
Deadline for Submissions in 30th April 2019