The 2018 Africa Energy Innovation Competiton is set to accelerate the development of early-stage energy firms across Africa. Across Africa, the main energy challenge is to rapidly deliver modern energy services to millions of households and businesses using sustainable and affordable energy technologies. This competition challenges early-stage energy entrepreneurs from Africa to collaborate with local research institutions or industries to develop a prototype model of a key device/equipment for a social energy enterprise or energy management system using local resources.
Your proposed prototype model submission must not exceed 1-side of an A4 page and should include the following:
- Project Title
- Your solution (250 words)
- Partner Institution or Industry
- Expected impact (50 words)
- Short abstract (50 words)
- Design tools and method (50 words)
- Problem Statement (50 words)
Estimated costs and timeline (50 words)
Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format by email to email@example.com.
The subject line of the email should follow the format: [Country] Title of the Project.
Submissions that exceed the word count may be disqualified. Shortlisted submissions would be invited to participate in the
final round by submitting a 1-page poster to summarize their design, with a detailed budget, 2-page Design Brief, and a Short
2-minute video to describe a prototype model of the proposed solution.
Eligibility And How To Apply
- Deadline for proposal submission: February 20, 2018
- Announcement of submissions selected for the final round: March 4, 2018
- Deadline for final submissions: March 23, 2018
- Announcement of winners: April 17, 2018.
We recommend members and users to utilize these opportunities. Our experts are available to work for your proposal and assist you to access funding opportunities. Contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.