The INNOVATE Call for Proposals (the Call) seeks applications from eligible organizations, companies and institutions (i) to pilot a Non-Traditional Finance (NTF) product/service focused on rapid testing and learning OR (ii) to document through a case study an ongoing or completed initiative related to NTF. The initiatives should demonstrate the potential and/or ability of products, services, or delivery channels that can catalyze and/or foster the adoption of agricultural innovations by women and men smallholder farmers in East Africa, South America (the Andes) and South Asia.
INNOVATE aims to learn from the experiences of the grant recipients; to test and document which products, services or delivery channels have potential to catalyze agricultural innovation by smallholder farmers. Therefore, a key focus of the Call is learning. The Call also has a focus on gender, in which applicants shall clearly differentiate between women and men’s priorities and needs, treating them as distinct market segments in the proposal and research process.
Successful proposals will be awarded up to CAD $200,000 (pilot award) or up to CAD $50,000 (case study award).
- Minimum organizational requirements:
- Legally registered entities with audited financial statements for the last two years and proof of legal registration for a commercial entity/NGO, or proof of legal registration for a research institute AND current financial policy and procedures
- Minimum three years' experience
- Applicants shall propose initiatives for implementation in the target regions/countries:
- East Africa (Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda)
- South America (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru)
- South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
- Applicants shall apply only for one type of grant and clearly identify/demonstrate a matching contribution.
How to Apply
- Review the Call Application Guidelines.
- Download the Proposal Form(PDF) and Budget Template (Excel) (link to app docs) and prepare your proposal. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete the Proposal Form.
- Submit your application through the Online Application Form and upload your completed proposal and supporting documents.
- The submission deadline is Friday, October 6, 2017, 11:59PM EST.