Access over $1.5 million in funding is available for MIT Solve's 2019 Challenges.
About the challenge
- Anyone, anywhere around the world can submit a solution to Solve's Challenges. You can be an individual, a team, or an organization. You can be an applicant from previous years or already part of our community. If you have a relevant solution, we hope you'll apply. For full participation details, please see our Terms of Service.
Areas of focus
- Circular Economy
- Community-Driven Innovation
- Early Childhood Development and
- Healthy Cities.
Solve seeks innovative, human-centered, tech-based solutions to our Global Challenges. Solution applications must be written in English. We will consider solutions at all stages of development:
- Idea: We welcome you to submit your solution idea, but please note that concept-stage solutions are unlikely to be selected. You have until the submission deadline to prototype and experiment with your idea!
- Prototype: A venture building and testing its product, service, or business model. Typically described as "pre-seed" if for profit.
- Pilot: An enterprise deploying a tested product, service, or business model in at least one community. Hybrids and for-profits would typically be in a "seed" round and generating revenue (whether or not they are cash flow positive).
- Growth: An enterprise with an established product, service, or business model rolled out, which is poised for further growth in multiple communities or countries. Organizations at this stage should have a clear path to sustainability. For-profits at this stage would be "seed" or "Series A."
- Scale: A sustainable enterprise working in several communities or countries that is looking to scale significantly, focusing on increased efficiency. For-profits in this stage would be "Series A" or "Series B."
- Partnership Potential: The applicant clearly explains how the solution would benefit from the broad range of resources that the Solve community is positioned to provide.
Through open innovation, Solve is looking for a diverse portfolio of solutions across geography, development stage, and team members’ gender and background. We encourage people of all backgrounds to submit applications.
1 July 2019